Welcome to the Ribeira Sacra:
Welcome to Casa Santo Estevo, a Casa Rural (Bed and Breakfast) set in the heart of the Ribeira Sacra wine region. Our location is ideal to use as a base to explore not only this beautiful corner of Galicia, but other parts of the region too.
Location:We are situated just about an hour's drive away from the infamous city of Santiago de Compostela. We are aslo just under an hour's away from the World Heritage site Muralla Romana (Walled city) of Lugo and around 30 minutes drive from Ourense, with its hot spring baths.
There is further information within the pages of this website.
We can suggest a lot of activities to keep you occupied. For instance;
- The Ruta do Romanico (a route where you can see the Romanic art of the area.
- Take the Wine route of the Ribeira Sacra. Visit some bodegas maybe participate in a Cata (wine tasting).
- Ride one of the catamaran boat services. It is an enjoyable way to see the countryside along either the Rios (rivers) Sil or Miņo.
- For the more energetic there are zodiac boat trips, canoe hire, mountain bike hire or guided or unguided walking routes. There are several golf courses nearby too.
- Even things like archery lessons.
- Or simply relax on the local river beach or in our garden.
Airports nearby are Santiago de Compostela, Vigo and A (La) Coruņa. A bit further afield is the airport at Porto, in Portugal.
All of these ideas are expanded upon in greater detail on this website. Some of these suggestions may not be available due to weather or other circumstances outside our control.